- Fortune 500, leading global flooring manufacturer that creates some of the best-known carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring brands in the industry.
- Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, family leave of absence, life insurance, 401K with employer match, PTO, and bonus program
- While we’re a primarily in-office team, we thrive on flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and professional time
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with emphasis in Accounting
- 3—5 years of previous full-time audit experience
- CPA or CIA certification is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industry is a plus
- Knowledge of applying internal auditing, accounting principles & practices, and management principles.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of all products of audit work.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to research options and devise solutions for problem-solving.
- Skill in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheets, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff, and external contacts and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with company policies and procedures by conducting interviews with all levels of personnel, examining transactions, documents, records, and reports, and observing procedures. Plans the theory and scopes of audits and prepares the audit program.
- Prepare documentation and results and conclude on assigned audit areas, ensuring the success and professional standards of the assignment.
- Identifies and defines issues and reviews and analyzes evidence.
- Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment in accordance with professional standards.
- Assists in recommendations based on independent judgment of corrective action and suggested improvements to operations and reductions in cost.
- Writes and reviews audit reports for distribution to management and senior management, documenting the results of the audit.
- Develops and maintains productive client relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues and is responsible for assuring compliance with the department’s annual requirements of professional development through external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organizations.
- On rare occasions may be required to provide testimony to courts on criminal matters.
- Adheres to all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Corporate Internal Audit and/or Vice-President – Internal Audit.